Site address - 137 Cambridge Road, Southport PR9 7LT
You have been given an appointment for Clinical assessment.
You must be able to make your own way to the hot site – do not use public transport or a taxi. Use your own car if possible or walk.
- Please attend alone or with only one other person/carer if strictly necessary
- Please ensure you bring your phone.
- Please arrive for your appointment as near to your allocated time as possible.
- Please use your own toilet and have a drink before you leave the house.
- Please drive to Churchtown Community Health Centre. This is located BEHIND Churchtown Medical Centre/GP Surgery.
Turn into the back carpark and proceed towards the fenced area – park in front of the cones
The team at the hub will ring you at the time of your appointment to ensure you have arrived.
If you arrive by foot you will be asked to wait in the isolation room
The Clinician will telephone you (either in their car or in the isolation room) and conduct a telephone consultation.
After the telephone consultation, the Clinician will come out to the car to see you initially.
Please wind down your window – the Clinician will hand you a mask to wear.
The Clinician will do some basic observations of you in the car – pulse oximeter, temperature.
If NECESSARY, the Clinician will take you onto site for further examination
There will not be any curtains around the examination couch for infection control purposes
A chaperone will be available
- If patients are coughing/sneezing they will be given tissues and a plastic bag for disposal and a face mask
- If medication is prescribe , please arrange for someone without symptoms of Covid-19 to collect for you
- Contact time with the Clinician will be limited to the smallest time possible, to ensure limited exposure.
- Please do not ask about other medical matters or questions unrelated to the problem you are attending with.
- The Clinician will give you clear instruction at the end of the consultation and may follow this up with a telephone call.