Physician associates are clinical graduates trained in the medical model. They must pass an intensive 2 year university course at diploma or masters level to learn clinical knowledge and skills after completing a 3 year biomedical or healthcare related degree. They train in both the acute sector and primary care to gain a rounded patient centred clinical experience.
Please see the below list of resources on Physician Associates, students and employing a Physician Associate.
- Physician Associates - A working Solution in primary care
- Physician Associates working in general practice (new resources available)
- Physician Associate Education and Training Support Pack
- An employer's guide to Physician Associates
- Who are Physician Associates
- Competence and Curriculum Framework
- PATH - Physician Associates Transforming Healthcare
- Faculty of Physician Associates
- Sefton Training Hub - Practice Brief
- Sefton Training Hub - Student PA placement guidance