Our Community Cardiology service provides specialised guidance in the management of current cardiac symptoms. Your GP may refer you to our service if you need a consultant assessment, diagnosis and management plan with a non-urgent cardiac condition, or if you need an echocardiogram, 24-hour electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring or 24-hour blood pressure (BP) monitoring.
|Monday||09:00 - 16:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 13:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 16:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 13:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 15:30|
Address: The Family Surgery, 107 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 4DB
Accessibility: Wheelchair access, lift, hearing-loop device and disabled parking
Appointments with the Community Cardiology service are through a referral via your GP. All appointments will take place at The Family Surgery.
Benefits of the service
- Triage of all referrals is completed by a clinician to determine appropriate next steps
- Face-to-face appointments if further treatment is required
- Expert care, with access to a dedicated consultant cardiologist and echocardiogram technician
- One-stop appointment for most routine appointments with a short waiting time
- Direct access to appropriate diagnostic tests
- Timely communication of clinical management plan is sent back to your GP practice in writing and seamlessly updating your medical record
Call 01704 395 800. The telephone line is available Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. Please do not call this number to book an appointment, appointments are strictly by GP referral only.