Sefton Training Hub
The Sefton Training Hub oversees meeting the educational needs of the multi-disciplinary primary care team across South Sefton, Southport & Formby. The Hub is responsible for the placement of Physician Associate students across Cheshire and Merseyside, and student nurse placements across our patch.
Think of Training Hubs as your ‘go to’ place for any information about primary care workforce, education and development. They work to address local needs. The Sefton Training Hub is part of the Cheshire and Merseyside Training Hub.
Every practice and PCN will have access to Training Hub resources and guidance.
We bring together education and training resources from NHS organisations, community providers as well as local authorities. With access to a range of information, resources, apps and contacts within national and local networks, we look to offer practical guidance and support on educational workforce development.
Supported by a network of primary care staff, with education and training professionals based in the community, we work closely with Primary Care Networks (PCNs) and Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) to support workforce priorities and tackle health inequalities to help meet patient and population demand.
We would love to chat to you to discuss how our Training Hub can support you. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
As a Training Hub, we offer a range of training and educational support, some of which are NHS/HEE funded. We are here to support your practice and/or PCN in:
- Planning PCN and wider ICS workforce
- Develop capacity for training in PCN
- Coordinate education programmes to support service delivery ambitions
- Support educators to help make PCNs the best place to learn
- Support continued professional development of staff
- Help retain GP and Primary Care workforce at all stages of their career
- Support to introduce and embed new staff roles
Have a look at our Service Offer Flyer to see a list of current opportunities.
Meet the team
- Sarah Amin, Training Hub Manager
- Dr Lindsay McClelland, Strategic Lead
- Dr Shaun Meehan, Clinical Lead
- Maggi Bradley, Nursing Clinical Lead
- Sam Sweetnam, Placement Co-ordinator and Administrator
- Nicola Ball, Placement Co-ordinator and Administrator